Skip to main content

modal aux class 7 D

 

Exercise A: Fill in the blanks with can, could, may, might or must.

  1. Could you please explain it again?' I said to the teacher. (Polite request)

  2. I have called all of you so that we can discuss the matter openly. (Ability/Possibility)

  3. You might want to try this dress. I think it will look good on you. (Suggestion/Possibility)

  4. Divya said that she might go to visit her old aunt the next day. (Past possibility)

  5. It is quite late. The shops must be closed by now. (Probability based on evidence)

  6. 'May I ask a question?' Tiya said, interrupting her friend. (Formal permission)

  7. He might be busy. He is not taking calls. (Possibility)

  8. 'I can complete the work in three days,' said Mahesh. (Ability)

  9. The wedding may have to be postponed. The bride is not well. (Possibility)

  10. You don't look well. You might want to take the day off. (Suggestion)


Exercise B: Complete these sentences with will or shall.

  1. Our players will perform well tomorrow, I'm sure. (Future tense)

  2. Will you check your records once? (Request/Willingness)

  3. Trust us, we shall do everything we can to help you. (Promise - traditional usage with 'we')

  4. What shall we do if this plan doesn't work out? (Seeking advice)

  5. Shall we have dinner together? (Suggestion)

  6. Shall I buy you something to eat? You must be hungry. (Offer)


Exercise C: Complete these sentences with would or should.

  1. Someone is asking for you. Should I ask him to come later? (Seeking advice)

  2. Would you kindly park your car elsewhere? (Polite request)

  3. I would like to have a beach holiday. (Wish/Desire)

  4. 'You should live in a more organized way,' said my uncle. (Duty/Obligation/Advice)

  5. You should leave your home by 3 p.m. to be in time for the train. (Necessity)

  6. Should I order lunch for you? I have already eaten. (Polite offer)

  7. If I knew you were in trouble, I would certainly help you. (Past action that might have happened)

  8. When we were children, we would play on the riverbank for hours. (Past habit)


Exercise D: Rewrite these sentences using suitable modals.

  1. May I interview you?

  2. It might rain tonight.

  3. May you live a long and happy life! (Or: "I hope you will have a good life.")

  4. You may go on leave.

  5. Shall I switch on the room heater?

  6. Shan will help you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lumbering in Canada

  Lumbering in Canada 1. Acknowledgment I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to my geography teacher for providing me with the opportunity to work on this enriching project. His invaluable guidance, support, and encouragement throughout the project have been instrumental in its successful completion. I am also deeply thankful to my parents for their unwavering support and motivation, which helped me stay focused and dedicated. I extend my sincere thanks to my friends and classmates , who provided insights, shared information, and encouraged me at every step of the project. Additionally, I am grateful to all the authors, textbook sources, and online resources that provided relevant information and made my research more comprehensive and accurate. This project has been a great learning experience, and I appreciate everyone who contributed to it in any way. 2. Introduction Canada is one of the most forested countries in the world. Almost 40% of...

Different states of Matter Project class 6

  📑 1. CONTENTS Sl. No. Topic Page No. 2 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT 1 3 INTRODUCTION 2 4 What is Matter? 3 5 Composition of Matter 4 6 What is an Atom and Molecule? 5 7 The Three States of Matter 6 8 Characteristics of Solids 7 9 Characteristics of Liquids 8 10 Characteristics of Gases 9 11 Comparison Table of the Three States of Matter 10 12 Activities and Experiments on States of Matter 11 13 Changes in the States of Matter 12 14 Evaporation and Condensation 13 15 Importance of States of Matter in Daily Life 14 ...

Saving the Tigers: A Call for Conservation

  Saving the Tigers: A Call for Conservation  1. Acknowledgement I would like to express my deepest gratitude to my literature teacher, [Teacher’s Name] , for his unwavering support, guidance, and encouragement throughout this project. His insights and constructive feedback have been invaluable in shaping this work. I am also immensely grateful to my parents for their constant motivation, patience, and for providing the resources necessary to complete this project. Their belief in my abilities has been a driving force behind my efforts. A special thank you to my friends and classmates for their valuable suggestions, discussions, and assistance in gathering information and resources. 2. Introduction "Imagine walking through the dense forests of India and never hearing the roar of a tiger. Imagine future generations knowing tigers only through pictures, stories, and documentaries. This is not a distant dystopia—it is a reality we are hurtling toward unl...